EduBourseActualitésAtos Origin selected by Regione Sicilia to facilitate take off and deployment...

Atos Origin selected by Regione Sicilia to facilitate take off and deployment of the Information Technology plan

Milan, 29 September 2005 – Atos Origin, a leading international information technology services provider, today announces that it has been selected, together with Accenture, by the Region of Sicily to manage the IT services for the Sicilian Public Administration, thus creating an Information Community in the Region in order to provide IT services to local government offices and improve services for Sicilian citizens.

Regione Sicilia is already in an advanced phase in the development of its Information community model, called “Sicily and Innovation”. It enables the Region of Sicily to complete the strategic configuration as answer to the innovation requests coming from citizens and enterprises. The choice of industrial partners combining worldwide dimension and expertise with an established presence in Italy, allows Regione Sicilia to successfully face and win the IT challenge also along an international dimension.

Atos Origin, selected as main IT supplier has been chosen, in co-operation with Accenture, by Regione Sicilia to ensure the development and implementation of its Integrated Telematic Platform, an infoTelematic System, which represents the technology Infrastructure through which services will be delivered to Public Administration, citizens, and regional companies.

Sicilia e-Servizi, a new Mediterranean company for the Information Development, has been established to deploy the IT services solution. As shareholders of Sicilia e-Servizi, Atos Origin and Accenture, will also take charge of the management of the Integrated Telematic Platform and to support the Sicilian Public Administration in exploiting and developing the carried out investments. A range of 24 different services will be provided, through an integrated unique approach respectful of the IT services of Sicily’s local government.

The entire project will definitely facilitate the emerging of Sicily, as focal point for communications between Europe and other Mediterranean countries.

About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international information technology services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company’s annual revenues are more than EUR 5 billion and it employs over 46,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international blue-chip companies across all sectors . Atos Origin is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, Atos Euronext Market Solutions, Atos Worldline and Atos Consulting.

Atos Origin in Italy employs over 3,000 staff with specific skills and experiences in the market industries covered by the company. Atos Origin is present in Sicily both directly and through SETESI (Servizi Telematici Siciliani), the regional telematic services company. Atos Origin owns the 59% of SETESI’s shares, the remaining 41% being owned Bank of Sicily. SETESI has been providing advanced services for the banking industry for more than seventeen years.

Press contacts
Marco Maccarini
Tel. +39 0125 810218
[email protected]

Paola Sinigaglia
Tel. +39 02 66722209
[email protected]

Pierre Perrin-Monlouis
Pierre Perrin-Monlouis
Fondateur de Rente et Patrimoine (cabinet de gestion de patrimoine), Pierre Perrin-Monlouis est un analyste et trader pour compte propre. Il vous fait profiter de son expérience en trading grâce à ses analyses financières et décrypte pour vous les actualités des marchés. Son approche globale des marchés combine à la fois l'analyse technique et l'analyse fondamentale sur l'ensemble des marchés : crypto, forex, actions et matières premières.