xStrata – Update on South African Power

20 octobre 2021 Pierre Perrin-Monlouis

Xstrata Alloys has been informed by South Africa’s Eskom that 80% of normal power supply will be restored to its operations on 30 January 2008 and 90% of normal power supply will be restored by 1 February 2008. The restoration of the remaining 10% is entirely dependent on the success of a nationwide recovery plan presented to major industrial and local government users. Xstrata Alloys will work closely with Eskom to assist in the 10% national reduction in power supply.

Xstrata Coal South Africa is participating in a working group to alleviate any coal supply issues comprising Eskom, the Chamber of Mines and the Department of Minerals and Energy. The working group has agreed upon a process that will assist coal-fired power stations to maintain 20-day stockpiles of coal in anticipation of increased demand during the South African winter. Xstrata Coal will also cooperate with Eskom on its medium-term demand reduction strategy.


Xstrata contacts

Songezo Zibi
Telephone +27 11 250 0064
Mobile +27 82 3038176
Email [email protected]

Claire Divver
Telephone +44 20 7968 2871
Mobile +44 7785 964 340
Email [email protected]

Photo of author
Trader & Analyste Financier
Fondateur de Rente et Patrimoine et à la tête du service Bourse Trading, il vous fait profiter de son expérience en trading grâce à ses analyses financières et décrypte pour vous les actualités des marchés. Son approche globale des marchés combine à la fois l'analyse technique et fondamentale.