Leading location intelligence solution offers support for Microsoft .NET and new customisation functionality for more powerful data analysis
Windsor, 11 June 2008— Pitney Bowes MapInfo, the leading global provider of location intelligence solutions, today announces the release of MapInfo Professional® 9.5, the latest version of the company’s flagship application for business mapping and analysis. The new version offers additional data editing and creation tools, supports Oracle® Database 11g and Microsoft® SQL Server 2008 and provides workgroup enablement features for greater IT support.
“The release of MapInfo Professional 9.5 is a significant milestone,” said Mark Percival, Corporate Systems Manager, Customer & Workforce Services at Coventry City Council.
“The inclusion of MapCAD, which adds CAD functionality to the offering, is a very exciting new tool, allowing CAD users to better understand the GIS world and vice-versa. Also, the inclusion of .NET functionality into the core product code, particularly the style pickers, is very welcome – as .NET is also supported in MapBasic.
“The UK-centric standardised symbol sets, support for Microsoft Server 2008 spatial and more options for curved text are among the long list of new functionality which will be welcomed by all my users here at Coventry – and with translucent vector fills in the mix they’ll think Christmas has come early!”
MapInfo Professional is the industry’s most user-friendly mapping and location analysis application, enabling organisations to leverage location-based information to make more insightful business and operational decisions. Users now have greater access to data editing tools, support for the latest versions of the leading database products and the ability to share custom-made templates with improved map clarity. MapInfo Professional 9.5 offers:
• Improved Data Creation and Editing: MapInfo Professional 9.5 features more than 40 new data editing tools, enabling customers to create geographic data for better asset management and improved analysis.
• Increased Database Support: MapInfo Professional supports Oracle Database 11g and Microsoft SQL Server 2008, allowing users to leverage more data sources when analysing location-based information.
• Greater Ease of Use: MapInfo Professional 9.5 allows multiple users to share customisable files, including custom symbols and thematic templates, making cross-department collaboration a reality.
• Higher Quality Maps: New tools such as vector translucency and anti-aliasing allow users to create better-looking maps for more detailed analysis.
• Greater Programming Language Support: MapInfo Professional 9.5 now supports .NET programming language, enabling customers to use Visual Studio for greater flexibility when deploying resources to automate common organisational tasks.
• Increased Support for Industry Standards: MapInfo Professional 9.5 provides organisations with access to Open Geospatial Consortium’s Web Feature Service – with support for Transactions (WFS-T), making it easier to combine and update business and location data in a single environment.
“Pitney Bowes MapInfo realises that data is often an enterprise’s most valuable asset, and we are dedicated to ensuring that our customers have access to the most current databases,” said Michael Hickey, president, Pitney Bowes Software. “With the release of MapInfo Professional 9.5, our customers have greater access to the tools they need to successfully do their jobs, allowing them to focus less on the technology and more on gaining greater insight into how to more efficiently manage their day-to-day operations.”
MapInfo Professional 9.5 will be available in mid-June 2008. For more information, please visit: www.mapinfo.com/insight.
About Pitney Bowes MapInfo
Pitney Bowes MapInfo, part of Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE:PBI), is the leading global provider of location intelligence solutions, integrating software, data and services to provide greater value from location-based information and drive more insightful decisions for businesses and government organisations around the world. The company’s solutions are available in multiple languages through a network of strategic partners and distribution channels in 60 countries. Visit www.mapinfo.com and www.pb.com for more information.