Interactive session will feature live polling, presentations from industry leaders.
REDMOND, Wash. — Feb. 10, 2010 —
What: Industry leaders in the high-tech and electronics industry share their companies’ economic recovery preparation strategies at the Microsoft Global High-Tech Summit on Feb. 11, 2010, in Santa Clara, Calif. Attendees will learn how investments in improved business systems and processes will ultimately position their organizations to help grow revenues, profits and market share during the upturn.
The summit will feature keynote presentations from these speakers:
• Gary Hamel, professor, author of “Leading the Revolution and Competing for the Future,” speaker, business thought leader, director, Management Lab
• Mark Bernstein, chief executive officer, Palo Alto Research Center (PARC Inc.)
• Dan’l Lewin, corporate vice president, strategic and emerging business development, Microsoft Corp.
• Drew Gude, director, U.S. high-tech and electronics manufacturing industry solutions, Microsoft
Panel discussions on the following topics:
• “Improving Innovation and Speeding Time-to-Market”
• “Building the Engaged, Interactive and ‘Sticky’ Customer Relationship”
• “Accelerating Sales Growth: Product Launch Through Customer Adoption”
• “Leveraging IT to Accelerate Through the Turn (CIO Panel)”
When: Feb. 11, 2010, 7:30 a.m.–8 p.m. PST
Where: Marriott Santa Clara Hotel
2700 Mission College Boulevard
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Who: In addition to the keynote speakers, session participants include the following:
• Craig Hodges, general manager, U.S. manufacturing and resources sector, Microsoft
• Gregg Hansen, vice president, application development and data warehouse, AMD Inc.
• Ashley Eikenberry, director, go to market program office, NetApp
• Kevin Cooney, chief information officer and corporate vice president, Xilinx Inc.
• Ken Venner, executive vice president, corporate services and chief information officer, Broadcom Corp.
• David Smoley, chief information officer, Flextronics International
• Ananthan Thandri, vice president and chief information officer, Mentor Graphics Corp.
• Peter Gosbee, global co-lead, product lifecycle management center of excellence, Emerson
• Bob Parker, group vice president, IDC Manufacturing Insights
• Ravi Iyer, senior manager, customer value chain management, Cisco
• Brett Bonthron, partner, TCG Advisors
• Dawn Lacallade, community manager, SolarWinds Inc.
More: Other highlights include live audience polling on attendees’ market impressions and technology strategies. Results will be showcased live during the event’s opening keynote address and will be available following the event for interested media and analysts.
Info: More information is available at http://www.microsoft.com/industry/manufacturing/hightech/summit/2010/default.mspx and http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/industries/manufacturing/default.aspx
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft News Center at http://www.microsoft.com/news. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/news/contactpr.mspx.